2.24.2016

For your Valentine.

I posted a status on Facebook asking for potential love letters to be written, and well, we're way beyond the end of the week (i apologize!) so here are some lovey dovey letters!

Dear Chee Sing,

Ever since I first laid eyes on you, two centuries ago, I knew it was love. Nothing could ever disprove my passion for you--those thick, emotional eyebrows, your full head of raven black hair, swaying in the wind, and your sassy mouth that would not stop cursing at me. Though you hated me for a while for kidnapping you and even turning you into one of us, you saw the light soon enough (or rather, we kept in the dark) in the prospect of spending our lives together, in eternity. This Valentine's, I want to say this: I love you, I love your once-warm blood, I love the family we made together, and I love our fairy tale ending that will outlast everyone's. Misleading vampire hunters will always be our favorite pastime. You'll always be my first love, Chee Sing.

...Well, there was Michael and Yves before this. BUT NO MATTER. You are my first and my last. happy Valentine's day, my love.

Your eternal love,
Amanda



Dear Nina,

My love. The light of my life. The air I breathe. The wind on my face. That's you, Nina. Though you may not know of my existence, I was already reassured of our love from the time when you stared at me longingly through my television screen. Though it was made to seem like you were looking at that other stereotypically hot vampire dude whom everybody was ogling over, I knew you were looking at me, calling out for my name but you couldn't, because you're trapped in this maniacal contract deal of having to shoot endlessly for this mindless series.

Nevertheless, I love you. With all of my heart, strength, soul, and I promise, on every Lego piece I will ever own, I will love you until the day I stop breathing for more than 2 minutes, because that's how long I can hold my breath and anything beyond that would be certain death.

Happy Valentine's Day, my goddess.

Your knight in shining armour,
Kanesh.



Dear Xin Wei,

I like you.

I like the person that you are: the girl who loves to read, who loves people, who's always trying to make people laugh. You're not exactly like other girls. There are days when you look like a boy and try to act tough like one too, but I know that you're still the girl who loves ice-cream, quirky art, and cats, more than anything else. I like your genuine smile and your hearty laugh. I like that when a song you love comes on, you don't hesitate to dance, wherever you are and whoever you're with. I like that you encourage others more than the average person does. You try to be there for everybody. And I like that you try your best.

Happy Valentine's Day, to the girl who is as radiant as the sun.

Your secret admirer.

No comments: